Introducing Kiln Connect, the all-in-one SDK for staking on all Proof-of-Stake blockchains
Over the last three years, as we have been primarily offering validator services, we have observed the challenges that our early customers like Ledger, Bitpanda, and Komainu face when incorporating new staking protocols. These challenges aren't trivial: developing custom transactions, establishing a data infrastructure, and creating custodian API integrations from scratch are both costly and time-consuming. The development costs can range between $100k and $200k for each protocol, with the added necessity to maintain and scale these protocols over time.
Understanding these challenges and staying true to Kiln's core value of putting our customers first, we present Kiln Connect: the all-in-one SDK for staking on all Proof-of-Stake blockchains. Developed in collaboration with the product teams of prominent exchanges and custodians, our software team has designed the SDK initially to simplify staking integration.
Kiln Connect offers a unified API for crafting staking and unstaking transactions and a comprehensive reporting API covering all major protocols. This abstracts the complexities in staking integration, making it both seamless and painless.
Key advantages of Kiln Connect for staking integrators
By using Kiln Connect, businesses can efficiently go to market for staking without the need to build products and tools in-house, which saves both time and cost. Additionally, they can benefit from enterprise-grade staking capabilities through simple API calls with continuous integration of new protocols and support.
Moreover, Kiln Connect is validator agnostic, which means it supports not just Kiln-managed validators but any node operator. Institutional companies find this feature invaluable as it allows them to manage several node operators and validators through a single API. This eliminates the problem of asymmetrical and scattered data across different providers.
Reporting API: Unify & automate your reporting across all providers
Kiln Connect Reporting API offers real-time data monitoring, including balances, rewards and validator performance, catering to both platform operators and their end-users. Its robust reporting capability stands out as it doesn’t merely collect and display data; it automates accounting & compliance. By doing so, it significantly reduces the chances of manual errors, ensuring that the data's integrity remains uncompromised.
Top 3 reasons to opt for Kiln Connect Reporting API:
1. Comprehensive data indexing: In the staking ecosystem, diversity is the key. With a multitude of protocols and node operators, having a tool that can seamlessly index staking data across all of them is extremely useful. Kiln Connect Reporting API does that precisely, providing users with all the relevant data at their fingertips.
2. Real-time, investor-grade data: The API provides real-time, investor-grade data that enhances the staking experience in your app. Users can make informed decisions backed by current, accurate and reliable data. The quality of data provided makes it certain that users are always a step ahead, equipped with insights that empower them to make strategic decisions.
3. Production-ready APIs with SLAs: In the fast-paced world of digital assets, waiting weeks or even days for API integrations can be a deal-breaker. Kiln understands this urgency and equips users with production-ready APIs. What's more, with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in place, users are guaranteed top-tier reporting, ensuring consistent performance and reliability.
💡Success Story: Ledger Live utilizes the Reporting API to power the Ledger Earn dashboard, showcasing real-time stakes and rewards information to their users:
Transaction crafting API: Enterprise-grade staking as simple as API calls
The Kiln Connect Transaction Crafting API is designed to eliminate the complexities of dealing with individual blockchains. It provides a unified interface that allows for the programmatic management of staking accounts and the creation of staking transactions. This approach is compatible with all major chains and validators.
Top 3 reasons to choose Kiln Connect Transaction Crafting API:
1. Simplicity of integration: With the Kiln Connect Transaction Crafting API, staking becomes as straightforward as making an API call. Developers can integrate the transaction formats of each protocol using a single code string. This simplicity accelerates the integration process, allowing businesses to deploy staking functionalities rapidly.
2. Compatibility with existing custody solutions: One of the challenges businesses often face is integrating new tools with their existing infrastructures. This is where the Kiln Connect Transaction Crafting API comes in, allowing businesses to sign transactions using their current custody solutions. This compatibility ensures a smooth transition and integration, removing potential roadblocks.
3. Autonomous protocol support: Enterprises can cast aside the burdens of planning and maintaining support for new protocols emerging and existing ones evolving. Kiln Connect has this covered. The API makes sure that they're always ready for the next big thing in the world of Proof-of-Stake blockchains.
💡Success Story: Komainu leverages the Transaction Crafting API to deploy stakes on Ethereum and Polygon via Fireblocks and power their staking dashboard, enabling them to offer staking for those protocols through a simple API:
A testimony of Kiln Connect’s efficiency: what our clients say
“Kiln Connect has not only greatly eased our process to add and operate staking from our platform but also made it evolutive with the ability to deploy any supported protocol and add stake from any node operator. Kiln is our preferred avenue for staking.” – Doga Sarikaya, Manager - Infrastructure Delivery at Bitpanda
Our clients, including Ledger and Komainu, have attested to the transformative impact of Kiln Connect. With our solution, they have been able to either kickstart their staking offerings or drastically enhance an existing one with more protocols or node operators in a few weeks with no additional cost.
These capabilities enable them to meet the growing demand for staking and strengthen customer retention and revenues by leveraging Kiln Connect production-ready APIs.
Once integrated, it’s super easy for them to build on top of Kiln Connect to power end-user interfaces displaying staking data and workflows to offer staking for more assets with embedded transaction crafting through custody solutions.
Bageth.xyz is our latest open-source interface designed to serve as a user-friendly front-end for Kiln Connect. It enables effortless query execution and provides a glimpse into the data accessible through the Kiln Connect Reporting API.
Kiln is the leading enterprise-grade staking platform, enabling institutional customers to stake assets, and to whitelabel staking functionality into their offering. Kiln runs validators on all major PoS blockchains, with over $2.2 billion crypto assets being programmatically staked, and running over 3% of the Ethereum network on a multi-cloud, multi-region infrastructure. Kiln also provides a validator-agnostic suite of products for fully automated deployment of validators, and reporting and commission management, enabling custodians, wallets and exchanges to streamline staking operations across providers. Kiln is also SOC2 Type 2 certified.